The Top Four Reasons to Hire Dental Malpractice Law Attorneys in Sheridan, WY

by | Aug 11, 2017 | Lawyers

Top Of The List



In order to keep your teeth healthy, it is recommended that you visit the dentist twice a year, or every six months. Most dentists are incredibly helpful and work tirelessly to help their patients keep their oral health in check. However, as with anything, there are cases of malpractice. Dental malpractice can have serious consequences, which is why you should consider seeking legal aid and representation if you’ve suffered from dental malpractice.

Victims of malpractice often don’t realize that they’ve experienced it. In order to make sure you get the compensation you need in the case of malpractice, you’ll need to know the signs for which to look. Here are the top four reasons why you may need to hire dental malpractice law attorneys in Sheridan, WY.

Failure to Obtain Consent or Informed Refusal

Consent forms are not just a formality; there are legally required. They need to be signed in order to certify that you understand the procedure or treatment which you’ll be receiving. The same goes for refusal. If you do not fully understand your procedure before you sign either type of form, you may have a case for malpractice with the help of dental malpractice law attorneys.

Abandoning a Patient

If you recently switched dentists and your current dentist has informed you that some of the work done by your former dentist should have been done differently or provides a diagnosis different than what you were previously given, you may have a case for malpractice.

Permanent Damage

Most of the time, dental procedures go off without a hitch. However, when something goes wrong, it can be devastating. If an incident has occurred with your dentist who has caused permanent damage and no option to have the problem fixed, this often qualifies as a malpractice case—one with which dental malpractice law attorneys can assist you.

Failure to Provide a Reference

Were you in need of further dental or oral health advice or procedures, but never received a referral to a specialist? You may have a case for a malpractice suit. If so, contact us for emergency services.